Injury Prevention and Wellbeing Services
It’s fair to say that most workplaces would rather a healthy workforce with zero injuries than managing the impact of injuries on your people and productivity. That’s why we also offer Injury Prevention and Well Being Services, encouraging a proactive approach to well being and safety in the workplace.
We have a number of services including:
- Development of Job Dictionaries and Alternate Duties Manuals – we work closely with employers to develop a customised Duties Register to support Injury Management programs or Pre-employment Screening programs. We conduct worksite visits and physical demands analyses, to compile a thorough manual. These identify physical demands and environmental considerations of normal and alternative duties. We also provide recommendations for identified injuries, photographic representation and sample letters to doctors.
- Manual handling training and advice – Using our extensive knowledge of work demands, we provide interactive and meaningful Manual Handling Training for groups of any size. By working closely with the employer, each training session is tailored specifically to roles and activities relevant to the audience.
- Pre-employment Screening – When roles have certain physical requirements, it may be best to get on the front foot at recruitment time. We provide screening of potential or current employees to determine their risk of injury and ability to complete the prospective/relevant role. This includes assessment of the candidate’s ability to complete functional tasks inherent in the role.
- Ergonomic Workstation reviews – In some cases, troubleshooting factors which may cause symptoms can nip issues in the bud. These reviews identify physical and/or psychological requirements of a worker’s workstation, and provides recommendations for workstation adjustment/modification and equipment required to address or prevent symptoms.
- Onsite Return to Work Services – These services assist with the design and implementation of Injury Management Programs. Alternatively we are able to provide short term resources to assist with leave relief or the recruitment of permanent resources.